Third Life Economics
Creativity, experience and a collaborative approach that helps to define and deliver successful places…
Third Life Economics is headed by David Marlow – a visionary Chief Executive and leading development economist. David uses intelligence, analysis, and facilitation/relationship-building skills, creatively, to determine development policy choices and enable tailored solutions for public, private and third sector institutions passionate about place leadership and management.
Third Life Economics’ services support the public, private and the third sector to improve economic and organisation performance through advice and support with:
Leadership and management– delivering business priorities, performance improvement, organisation turnaround and reinvention in large complex institutions at Chief Executive and senior management level.
Research, intelligence and advice on the major choices facing organisations concerned with:-
– economic development and regeneration;
– business growth, knowledge economy and higher level skills;
– sustainable economy, low carbon growth and climate change;
– globalisation, international development and collaboration.
- Economic growth and development by formulating and implementing major development strategies, policies, programmes and projects to achieve business growth, economic development and regeneration.
- Enhancing public and private sector networks, dealing at up to Minister/Chairman and Permanent Secretary/CEO levels to build confidence and partnership working between public and private sectors that defines and delivers mutual ambitions.
Using this website
David has populated this web-site with a range of news and material that illustrates his interests and capabilities. Take a good look through the following pages to get a taste of the tools and techniques that David can deploy if you choose to work with him. Of course, the site only provides publicly-available information on David’s projects and initiatives, and samples of the intellectual property he is happy to share with colleagues and collaborators. If you are interested in more detailed discussions about any of this material, or other private work David is undertaking, please feel free to get in touch.
Working with 3LE
David and Third Life Economics (3LE) has worked with many of the leading players in economic and institutional development since its establishment in 2009 – both with Associates joining 3LE teams, and with 3LE as a sub-contractor of boutique, corporate and University partners.
Examples of recent collaboration with specialist consultancies include Regeneris, SDG, SQW. David has worked with corporate players including Arup and EY. For Universities, David is currently Visiting Professor at Newcastle University, and has been an Executive Commissioner for University of Warwick, and Research Associate at the Institute for Manufacturing and at Ashridge.
If you wish David to assemble a team or to join an existing one, please let him know.